Sunday, May 11, 2008
Our First Mother's Day
I will start out apologizing that there are no new pictures on the post, but I will add some tomarrow. Today was our first Mother's Day together and I got everything that I could have asked for. Mitch is such an amazing husband and father, just when I think that he can't be more of a rock for me he exceeds all of my expectations and MORE!!! This morning when we got into the hospital Olivia was having a rough morning. After her feeding she set off alarms because she wasn't breathing. Her nurse had administer oxygen to her three times within a 15 minute time frame. The doctor came and examined her and thinks that she has reflux. When she stops breathing her mouth was full of milk at the same time and it was occuring all day about an hour after feedings. They had to place her back of her nasal canula to provide oxygen support and are limiting her amount of activity. She does better when laying in her crib without stimulation, but she is our sweet girl and needs her mommy and daddy's love and affection. She was doing so well for her age, that we think she was reminding us that she is still very fragile. On the positive side Carter finished his first full bottle this morning in 10 minutes time! What a champ!! He only finished one today, but shows improvements each day. Today was an emotionally draining day, and through it all Mitch continued to remind me that it's Mother's Day and how much I am loved by Carter and Olivia. He and the babies (and Harley too!!) got me a pedicure and day shopping once everyone is home....though I can't imagin leaving them now, I look forward to cashing it in. Though we wish that we could have spent some time with our moms and our babies today we will have to all celebrate Mother's Day together once Carter and Olivia are stronger. Please continue to pray for us...though Carter and Olivia show improvements they are still fragile and need continual prayers. They are tough little fighters, and we know that they will do well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
First of all, Happy belated Mother's Day! You guys are the cutest family ever :) The four of you are in our prayers, and we can't wait for the babies to come home! As always, please call if you need ANYTHING!
Post a Comment