
Our Little Prince, Carter

Our Little Princess, Olivia
Yesterday Carter and Olivia were able to come off of their IV's. This was a big step for all of us because now they are able to come out and play more often. Though they are still not able to hold their temperature on their own, their time out is limited because they get cold quickly. Both babies started to see an occupational therapist once a day to work on their sucking motion. They are going to be 34 weeks tomarrow, and that is when the doctors would like to see them start bottle feeding. Olivia was able to take about 1/3 of her feeding by bottle, and Carter about 1/2 of one of his feedings. Their feedings right now are 28cc, which is less than an ounce. Though this is a slow process they continue to strive everyday! Our little guys are fighters and continue to amaze us with every passing day. Enclosed are the most recent photos of Carter and Olivia...I got to give Carter a bath yesterday, though he wasn't happy with me for doing so, it was a first time experience that I will never forget! Motherhood and Fatherhood is simply AMAZING!!!
6 comments:
I am so proud of you two. You definitly make beautiful babies! I just let the tears roll down my face when I saw those pics. I pray for you and the babies everyday.
Love, Heather
Hey guys,
Your babies are beautiful! We are very happy for you and wish you all the best... We want to come over soon and see the babies and catch up... Congrats!!
They are absolutely beautiful!! It reminds me so much of the boys...it seems like yesterday and they are two already.
Enjoy the quietness now because before long they will be all over the place. Hold one to every moment...these first couple of weeks will be cherished memories forever.
You are in our thoughts and prayers!! Stay rested and love on those babies for all of us here in Florida! Keep posting pictures.
Lots of love and baby kisses to you!! Tammy (Brandon & the boys)
Hey guys! I can't believe how much progress they've made since last week. We can't wait to see you all again this weekend:)
Love you,
Stacey and Craig
Wow! You are the most beautiful babies. I got to hold you tonight, Carter. Olivia I soon will be able to hold you too. You guys are amazing gifts from God. I pray that you will grow strong so that you can come home. I love you guys so much already. (mitch and Kala-you too!)
Pappy is getting a cold so he didn't come in to hold you tonite. But when he is all better he'll be there. Take care-I'll see you soon. - Nana
The babies are absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy that they are making such great progress- they want to hurry up and go home already I'm sure!! Those pictures are just precious!!!! We quickly came to realize that parenthood is the absolute best!! Your babies will amaze you every day and you will all of a sudden not know what you ever did without them!!!
Post a Comment