Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We are 5 weeks old today!!!!



Carter and Olivia with their teddy bears!


Bath time at the Denlingers!
Where does the time go?!? So hard to believe that our babies are 5 weeks old already!!!! Though they are still premature, and technically only 38 weeks gestation, they continue to amaze us everyday. Unbelievable that they aren't supposed to be here yet, though we have shared so many memories already! Their personalities shine everyday and are constantly reminding Mitch and I just how blessed we are. How lucky we are to have our fun loving and happy little man Carter and our sensitive but sweet snuggle bunny Olivia. Both Carter and Olivia are getting strong. They can lift their heads up and and turn them to the other side. Both are taking 2 ounces of milk every 3-4 hours and growing out of their preemie outfits one by one. Thank you to everyone who has bought us preemie clothing, and know that they are all going to a good place when we are finished with them. The NICU takes donations of preemie clothing, and we know how happy we were when Carter and Olivia had clothing on for the first time. This week it has been just Mommy, Carter, and Olivia and we are all doing well. Feeding time tests all of our patience as I change, feed, and burp one of them, and then switch. As much as I wish that I had 2 more hands Carter and Olivia wish that I did too! Whoever wakes up first gets to eat first while the other one sits calmly waiting for their turn (ha ha...that's what I am envisioning as the reality of the other child is screaming) It's going great though...I LOVE Motherhood!!!

1 comment:

Memaw said...

Only 5 weeks old!!!! I feel like I've loved them forever.

They are growing so quickly...and their personalities are truly showing through.

I could hold them and stare at them for hours. Oh yeah, I do!!! It's my new favorite thing to do.

I love you guys.
Mom