
Carter and his Monet

Olivia showing off her masterpiece

Carter got more paint on him then on the paper...boys will be boys!!!
Thursday Mitch celebrated his birthday with just the family....it was nice to have a quiet evening together just the 5 of us...Friday Olivia decided that she wasn't very hungry and wouldn't take her bottles. Worried that she would become dehydrated we took her to the doc that afternoon. Everything was fine and she weighed in at 9 pounds 13 ounces! Aunt Stacey came along to help us out..it was great to spend time together before she started back to school. For those of you who didn't know Stacey is starting her first year in medical school and we are all just so excited for her! Hope your having a great first week...we can't wait to hear all about it! Friday night we had our parents over for cake and ice cream..as usual we all had a good time.
Saturday morning I worked from 9-2 and then came home to get ready for Mitch's work picnic. What a beautiful day it was to have the kids outside at a picnic. I got to meet some of his coworkers..it was nice to finally put a face to some of the names that I have been hearing about. Saturday night we dropped Carter and Olivia off at my mom and dad's house for their first night away from us...though I was sad to leave them, I felt comfortable with them being at my parent's house. Before we left for the night Cindy and Erinn came and brought clothing for the babies!!! The outfits are adorable.....THANK YOU GUYS!!!!
Around 7pm Mitch and I headed home for the night...we met Buckman and Doe Woman at our house and we all walked over to Mick's for the evening. Since it was such a beautiful night we sat out on the deck and enjoyed some drinks...it was my first glass of wine in 11 months!!!! Ok, so it wasn't just one glass, but we were having fun! Through the night we thought about the babies often, but only called to check on them once!!! I thought that was pretty good! When we picked them up the next morning mom and dad said that they did well, and everyone seemed to have had a good time. Olivia was hanging out with her Pawpy in the garage and Carter was taking a nap with Memaw when we got there. He and Memaw had been up all night partying by the looks of things! Thanks Mom and Dad for taking them for the night, we really appreciated the night out together and I know the kids had fun too! While we cleaned up and got ready to leave Carter and Liv went on one more walk with Memaw and Pawpy before we headed to Great Grandma and Grandpa Denlinger's house for another picnic. It was great to see everyone at the Denlinger picnic!! Thank you Aunt Linda and Uncle Ed for the outfits!!!!
Bode playing with Olivia
The Madara's came with lots of adorable outfits as well....it is no wonder why we have the best dressed twins in Mount Joy! Thanks you guys, and it was so great to see you all!
Mitch is having his surgery on his ACL on Friday...please pray for the doctor's ability to repair the knee, Mitch's strength in recovery, and my patience caring for the three of them through the weekend. We will let you all know how it goes next weekend! Have a good week!!!



3 comments:
Sounds like your date night was fun! I cant wait to have a glass of wine.. thats one of my cravings!! I cant wait to finally meet Olivia and Carter this week! Good Luck Mitch on your surgery! Have fun taking care of them all Kala!
Happy Birthday to Mitch. We love you!
Thank you both for allowing us to have the babies for their first sleep(less) over...I don't know how you do that every night :)
I loved every minute of it...Carter was awake the most but he wasn't fussy...he just wanted to bond with his Memaw! Even when they were sleeping, I spent a lot of time just watching them sleep. They're adorable! I can't get enough of them! Love to all.
Good luck tomorrow Mitch! We'll be thinking about you! Kala, let me know if you need anything. Give the kids a kiss for us.
Post a Comment