We needed to leave at 5:3o Friday morning to get to the hospital on time. Rachel was babysitting for us and met us at the house by 5:15 am. At 5 am I let Harley out back to go to the bathroom and she got sprayed by a skunk!!! Ever since the babies were born Harley wont stay out back without barking so I had to bring her in anyways. My dad came by and took her to Petsmart for me around 7, but my house sill smells like skunk! I tried everything from vinegar to coffee grounds, to dryer sheets, Fabreeze, candles, open windows, cleaning from top to bottom...any other suggestions?! The smell is no longer real strong...but, I can still smell it when I walk in the door. Harley also smelled like skunk when I picked her up on Saturday....Not as bad, but she still had the odor...$75.00 and she still stank!! We found on line to use 2 quarts hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and a splash of dish soap...this did help, and now she just barely smells...FYI if anyone needs the recipe in the future!
On Tuesday Olivia went to the doc because she isn't feeding well...she used to take 4 oz. every 3 hours, and now she is taking 2 oz. every 4 hours. We are now trying to thicken her formula with rice cereal to see if this helps her to gain some weight. She is now 10 pounds 2 ounces!
Carter is growing out of his 3-6 month clothing, and now going into 6 month sizes!!! Time is passing just so quickly...they are going to be 4 months old next week!!



2 comments:
plain tomato jiuce, sauce, paste, anything tomato, is supposed to help skunk smells. Our dogs were both sprayed and we doused them in the the stuff and it never smelled again. This is Christy's sister by the way!
That's what I was going to post!! We used to dumb cans of tomato sauce on our dogs and rub it in like shampoo and then just rinse them off- don't use shampoo!
Post a Comment