Sunday, September 21, 2008

Monday the kids stayed home from school with their Memaw because Carter was running a fever and their school was canceled last minute due to a water main break. Luckily when I called my mom in a slight panic she came to the rescue. She had already been walking out the door to work, but was willing to call in and take another vacation day to rescue to Denlinger twins!! With being back to work only a week, I didn't want to have to cancel patients already~! I made a doc apt that night for Carter's fever, and Olivia's reflux. The doc said that Carter wasn't sick...he was just teething!!!! He had a small tooth bud trying to come out on the bottom left~who would have guessed that his mother is a dental hygienist?!?!? The doc also seemed to think that their feeding problems/reflux may be caused from an intolerance to lactose due to protein sensitivity. They switched their formula to Similac Alimentum which is already broken down. The stuff smells AWFUL and is $24 a can ( we use a can a day!) but it seems to be working well!!!!! We haven't increased their meds and the reflux spells have stopped! Olivia is now averaging 20 oz. a day and seems to be doing so much better!!!!!


Thursday and Friday mommy was sick with ear aches, chills, runny nose, sore throat and the whole 9 yards...I still went to work, but as usual Mitch became "Super DAD" at night and took care of me and the kids! The sore throat is still present, but the other symptoms have gotten better! I really hope no one else in the family catches it!

Saturday was the kids first trip to Chucke Cheese! Their cousins Robbie and Sybl had their birthday party there and we all had so much fun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBBIE AND SYBL!





We then stopped into the NICU to visit the nurses who used to care for Carter and Olivia. They got to see one of their primary nurse, Brenda....it was so wonderful to see her!

Monday is Mommy's 26Th birthday and we can't wait to all celebrate together!!!!

Here is a sneak peak of the kids Halloween costumes...I bet you can't guess what they are?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this might sound crazy but I bought the twins formula on ebay. You can get it for usually half the price of what it is in the store. They are brand new cans, and as long as you read the description, they give you the expiration date.

This saved us a ton of money and it was nice being able to stock pile. We didn't feel like we were always having to go to the store to buy food.

Just a helpful "twin" tip...if you needed one!

Talk to you soon!
Tammy