Sunday, September 14, 2008

We survived our first week!!!

Our first week of mommy being back to work is finally over and everyone is doing well. Carter and Olivia seem to be adjusting OK...and mommy is getting there too! Both babies reflux is acting up again, so feeding has become difficult and worry some once again, but their "teachers" at school are doing their best to make the transition as easy as possible for everyone. There has been many tears following morning drop off and a stomach full of butterflies all day long, but this too will pass. Our journey as a family has had many ups and downs but with our love and faith in our awesome God we find a way to keep on going...before I know it I will look back and be so proud of how we made it through!
Here are all my favorite EAGLES fans!!!! Daddy had so much fun teaching them about the game last Sunday!!!


To celebrate the end of a long week we went to dinner with our friends that we had met in the NICU. Their daughter Liana was also a preemie and we all became great support for one another while at the hospital. Their friends also had twins (boys) who are 2 months old joined us too! We all had a great time...6 adults and 6 children! When sitting the kids together for a picture I couldn't help but think that this is what Jon and Kate's lives are like....just one more infant and one more toddler~! WOW...I have it SOOOO easy...


After work on Thursday we popped in Baby Einstein and the kids watched it from their seats for 24 minutes straight!!! They loved it! Now I am not one that believes in the TV to babysit my kids, but if I can have 24 minutes to clean up from dinner and pack bags for the next day I will take it!!!! Mitch and I were in the kitchen and we heard one loud scream from Olivia, and then one from Carter...no lie we walked into the living room to find the main menu on the screen...they were letting us know the movie was over...it was so funny!

Carter and Olivia watching their first movie!
Saturday Mitch went to NY for a baseball game with his brother and grandfather...His grandfather is a huge Yankee's fan and they wanted to get him to a game at Yankee Stadium before it is torn down. They had a wonderful time! While he was busy in NY the kids and I went with Memaw for their 4 month pictures again...this is the second attempt and they turned out great! We went to Yesterday's Mirror in Lititz, and they did a wonderful job!!!
Lots to do before tomorrow and Carter is running a fever so have to cut this short...Hope everyone has a great week and we will keep you posted on how week 2 goes.
I almost forgot.....GUESS WHAT??!!!! The kids godparents, Todd and Amanda, found out that they are having a BOY!!! We are so happy for them, and can't wait to meet the little guy in January! Please pray that they continue to have a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!
Congrats Todd and Amanda!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Mitch that I'm disappointed there hasn't been another update since last night :) I hope Carter is feeling better and that day care continues to go well! We miss you guys and hope to get together some time this weekend. We seriously can't wait for our little "Fawn Boy" to meet Carter and Livy! Give the kids a kiss for us!