
Carter's first day of school!

Olivia's first day of school!
After school we rushed over to Memaw and Pawpy's house to wait for them to get home from work to tell them all about our day!!! Daddy met us there and we were so happy to see him!!! We spent an hour with daddy telling him all about our first day before he and mommy headed out for the night! Memaw and Pawpy wanted to spend "special" time with us before the chaos of work and school sets in, and mommy and daddy had tickets to the Barnstormers Game with Aunt Amanda and Uncle Todd and friends from daddy's work. We had dinner at the Brickyard and then headed over to The Jay Group's sky box....we had so much fun! The game ended with fireworks which were cool to see since we didn't see any fireworks this past 4Th of July! Carter and Olivia had a blast at Memaw and Pawpy's house and Olivia even slept through the night! I was surprised since it wasn't their house, but I guess it is their home away from home!!! My cousin Jess came over to visit for the evening also which it is always wonderful to see her!!! Saturday morning we picked the kids up and headed home for a day full of laundry, bills, and cleaning! Tonight we are watching movies and tomorrow it is just the 5 of us together for the day! Our last day before work and I'm not sharing them with anyone else!!!!! (I don't mean that to sound rude, but it is just the facts! )HE HE.

Olivia and Carter in their fishing hats from Pawpy! ( They are from Bass Pro and say "My First Fishing Hat") They are so cute and just a perfect gift from Pawpy!!!!

Our goofy little Livy....she is so stinkin cute!!!!
2 comments:
Enjoy yourself going back to work, and having normal conversations! The babies looked so cute in their first day of school clothes. David started his first day of preschool last Tuesday and he loved it also! Im glad you had a fun date with your hubby!
Kala...Just a quick note to let you know that I'm thinking of you today. I know it's the end of a fabulous time in your journey of parenthood...being an "at-home" Mom...but change is what being a parent is all about. Most changes ... even though they are expected, just like this one ... will be just as painful... but you must learn to look for the positive in every situation. Ending one comfort zone always means the start of the next new and exciting phase. Dig deep, darling, I'm sure you can find a positive about this change and thank God for what you have...not what you feel you have lost. I remember when I went back to work like it was yesterday and it still brings tears to my eyes, so I want you to know that I know how difficult this is for you. Please know that many people love you and are asking God to give you the strength to make it through these first few days...they are the hardest!
Now give those little darlings a kiss from their Memaw and catch the one I sent to you.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment