Wednesday, November 12, 2008

so stressful being a parent...

Sorry we haven't posted lately but as usual things have been busy at the Denlinger household. Tuesday morning we all left for work and school as usual, but I got a phone call from daycare around 10am that every parent fears...Carter had been having difficulty breathing, and stopped breathing 3 times in 1 minute. I rushed over to school as quickly as possible. By then the nurse on call had taken his vitals and everything seemed normal. He was being cuddled when the incident happened, and him teacher noticed his breathing was labored. She thought that he was holding his breath, but he would start again after she "shook" him. I took him straight to the doc and they checked his pulse ox which was at a healthy 99, and the vitals all normal. The doc believes that it was apnea, and this can be normal when lasting in short spells, without color change. His Reflux disease also contributes to this. I wasn't real pleased with the answers, but found this about Reflux online..confirming that the reflux indeed causes apnea. http://www.infantrefluxdisease.com/infant-reflux-symptoms.php
His reflux meds were increased, and this should help...please keep us in your prayers, that the doctors continue to be knowledgeable in Carter's treatment and that the meds work.
The doc said that he looks great, and this to will pass....wow, who knew that parenthood was so stressful?! I swear I will be gray by the time I am 30 if this continues~!

No comments: